Do you love tacos? What about lasagna?
Then your tastebuds are about to reach new heights of pleasure when you try this Mexican/Italian food fusion created by Jaime Benko.
2 cups zucchini
3 cups red pepper
2 cups spinach
1 cup mushroom
1 cup eggplant
28 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 cup water
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garlic
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Nonstick cooking spray for pan
1 2/3 cups refried beans (400 ml can)
2 cup cottage cheese
2 cup cheese
…and it even fits your macros
1. Chop all vegetables into smaller pieces.
2. Add vegetables, canned tomatoes, water and spices to large pan and simmer on medium-high until vegetables are cooked and liquid had evaporated.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray 9×13 pan with oil.
4. To assemble start with 2 tortillas on the bottom, spread 1/2 refried beans, 1/3 vegetables and 1/2 cottage cheese across wraps. Add 2 more wraps on top and layer 1/2 refried beans, 1/3 vegetables and 1/2 cottage cheese. Finish with last 2 tortillas, remaining 1/3 vegetables and cheese.
5. Place a baking sheet underneath pan to catch any spillage as the pan will be very full. I didn’t have any leakage, but better safe.
6. Bake for 50 minutes until cheese is well melted and sides are bubbling.
Nutrition (per serving): 261 calories, 8.5g total fat, 30.9g carbohydrates (7.7g fibre), 17.7g protein.
Looking for a nutrition coach to teach you how you can eat tacos and have abs? We have 3 spots available right now. Email us at email@example.com with the subject, “Hell Yes, Nutrition!” to book your free strategy chat.