By Jessica Grant
When it comes to cooking, convenience is a big factor for me. I like it best when it’s quick, easy, and cheap but still nutritious and delicious (like fast food for health nerds!).
12 oz chicken
2 medium zucchini (sliced)
2 carrots (chopped)
2 cups peas (I used snap peas)
1/2-250 g package of rice noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
4 tbsp peanut butter (I used Kraft natural)
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
1-2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 tsp brown sugar ( I opted for brown sugar splenda)
Red pepper flakes to taste
- Stir fry the chicken until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan or wok and saute the zucchini and carrots until desired tenderness.
- Add the chicken, noodles, and sauce to the pan, mix together and heat through
Makes 6 Servings
Approximate macros per serving:
35.5 g of carbs
8.4 g of fat
23.4 g of protein