By Adrienne Percy
Get your fat and chocolate fix in one satisfying hit!
Fast Fat Facts:
You can let go of your fear that fat makes you fat (and sick). The truth is, fat is not only what makes many foods delicious and flavourful, it is an absolutely paramount part of our diet. It is one of three macronutrients and is essential to hormone regulation, healthy brain function *and* it helps us feel satiated (full and satisfied!).
These fat bombs are an insta-hit with almost everyone who tries them. They are a simple and nourishing treat that takes only minutes to make and they contain coconut oil- which is a traditional and healthy fat.
So, let’s get to it and whip up a ‘treat’ that is as nourishing as it is delicious.
Easy Peasy Fat Bombs
Makes about 36 pieces
- ½ c lightly melted coconut oil (such as Kirkland brand)
- ½ c peanut butter (or any other nut and seed butter. Pref organic.)
- 2 tbsp (or less) honey (sprinkle of green leaf stevia can be substituted if you are ketogenic. I don’t recommend artificial sweeteners)
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder (pref fair trade, organic such as cocoa camino)
- Lightly melt ingredients in saucepan. (Note: Coconut oil is liquid at room temperature and solid below that.)
- Pour just under a tablespoon into silicon trays as pictured. Put in freezer or fridge to solidify.
Variation: A scoop of whey such as Kaizen vanilla isolate can be added to the recipe to give your fat bombs a bit of a protein boost (and, frankly, to make them taste like cookies)…
Caution: These don’t travel well. I.e they WILL melt. Fat bombs are for at home enjoyment 😉
Nutritional Information: (Per Fat Bomb)
- 44 calories (47 with isolate)
- 4 g fat
- 2 g carbs
- 1 g protein (2 with isolate)
Click here to get our nutrition eBook on sale until June 30 (including dozens more macro-friendly recipes recommended for breakfasts, lunches and dinners, pre and post workout, and bedtime).