Recipe by Brittany Wolowski
Created by Jessica Grant
I attended a potluck last weekend and this delicious dish was there. Since we are into our second, maybe third winter…I just had to make some for my meal prep this week.
- 6 bell peppers. Choose your favourite colour. I like green!
- 1 pound of extra lean ground beef
- 1 small white onion
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese – you can add more but account for it in your macros!
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- Cook 2 cups of rice and set aside
- Heat up frying pan on low and brown the beef along with:
- chopped onion
- garlic powder
- chilli powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Once the beef is cooked through add in the kidney beans, tomato sauce and rice. Simmer everything together on low for 10 mins.
- While the chilli is simmering, prepare your pepper cups.
- Chop off the top of the peppers and scoop out the inside
- Place peppers in water and boil for 5 mins to soften. I prefer a crunchy pepper so I don’t cook them ahead of time. Get creative and do what you like 🙂
- Turn oven onto broil
- Fill up the pepper cups with chilli
- Top each one with parmesean cheese or cheese of your choice
- Broil cups for 5 or so minutes until the cheese on top brown’s.
Makes: 6 – 8 servings (depending on the size of your peppers)
Nutrition Information per serving for 8 servings:
- 320 cals
- 31 g carbs
- 10.5 g fat
- 26 g protein
- 6.3 g fibre
- 6 g sugar