By Amanda Onishenko
I look at this photo of myself, and I catch my breath. I see a woman who is beautiful, strong and so powerful.
When I look in the mirror now, I see a woman who is radiating confidence and a true love for life!
Have I always felt this way? HELL NO!
For years, this was the woman that I was content to be (see below)
- Content to be the caregiver to everyone BUT herself
- Not worth the effort it might take to invest in my health or fitness
- Just a mom. Mom’s are supposed to focus on others, not ourselves right?
- Sad and unhealthy, but doing what needed to do to ensure others around me weren’t aware of how I felt. I was putting on a mask that said “I am okay. It’s not about me, anyway.” Can you relate?
Now, I sit here a new me, and I reflect on the many years I simply LIVED. Do I regret that time, where my health and happiness was set aside to raise my girls? HELL NO! Do I wish I could go back and tell that momma that it is okay to take time for you? You bet I do!! I will never regret my time with my girls, and being their momma, but I want to tell you that
LIFE IS TOO SHORT to put off feeling like an amazing and powerful creature!! Has my journey been easy? No way!! But here are some things to keep in mind when you are ready to begin your journey. Your transformation into the powerful being that you truly are will take:
- TIME. We all have an abundance of it, let’s use it wisely and love every minute of it
- DEDICATION!! To yourself and to your future self
- COURAGE! Decide it’s time to put yourself first for a bit of time each day. You are worth it, set some boundaries!
- HARD WORK! To keep motivated, to start that day one and to believe in yourself! To see this through the up’s and down’s that happen when you decide to dial into your nutrition and fitness!
I assure you, once you are truly ready for this amazing journey, you will never regret it!! Let go of this notion that you can’t, regardless of your circumstances and start say HELL YES, I CAN!!
What step will you take TODAY to transform into the epically powerful version of you that I know dwells within, waiting to be released?
You’re all amazing and beautiful,
I believe in you, and I am ready, willing and able to coach you through this incredible time of transforming from “just a mom (or any other accepted role)” into ALL That You Are!! If you are ready, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a HELL YES to Nutrition.