By Rana Wright
I love breakfast. It might be my favourite meal of the day. There is something about waking up, making a steaming, hot cup of tea and getting my morning meal prepared. It’s helps clear the sleep out of my head and sets a successful tone for my day. I aim to eat 5-6 cups of veggies a day. That’s a whole lot of yummy micronutrients so getting in them at each main meal (and snacks too) is important. One of the ways I do this is to make sure I get some veggies in first thing in the morning.
I’m sharing one of my favourite breakfasts! A spinach, tomato and avocado omelette.
Ingredients (Makes one omelette)
- 1 large egg
- 63 grams egg whites
- 3 cups spinach
- 75 grams chopped cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup salsa (I use Compliments Medium Salsa which has no added sugar)
- 50 grams avocado
- 50 grams strawberries
- 50 grams blackberries
- 6 – 3 seed lentil with turmeric crackers
- Pam olive oil spray
- Heat small fry and spray with a bit of Pam Olive Oil.
- Add in spinach and chopped cherry tomatoes
- Cook until spinach is just wilted
- Remove spinach and tomatoes and set aside on a plate.
- Spray a bit more Pam olive oil into pan.
- Mix egg and egg white together
- Pour into pan and make sure it covers entire bottom of pan
- Cook egg mixture until set.
- Add spinach and tomato back into pan on half of the omelette.
- Carefully fold other half of omelette over the spinach and tomato.
- Cook for another minute
- Remove carefully from pan
- Top with salsa and avocado
- Serve blackberries, strawberries and crackers on side
Nutrition Information per 1 serving:
- 320 cals
- 29 g carbs
- 15 g fat
- 21 g protein
- 8 g fibre
- 8 g sugar